ModCloth

Friday, January 11, 2013

Another Crocheted Blanket!

Been absent again (naughty me!) and once this little bundle arrives, I am sure I will be absent for a little bit again. I constantly think about this blog, what to post/share and I just do not have the time/energy for it lately. This should all change in due time, please be patient with me :)

On to a positive note, I have a new creation to share with you. Well, not so much new since it was a White Elephant exchange gift for the family Christmas party, but like I said, I have had many ideas in the works for here and this is where I am going to start.

I have decided that making blankets is something I might do for awhile since they always seem to be such big hits. Plus, I like putting thought in to my gifts. In case you don't remember, here is the blanket I made for last years gift exchange.

This year, I took a different approach and decided not to follow a basic crochet pattern. I kind of made it up as I went a long. I knew that I wanted to do circles in squares and then stitch them together separately to created an edging to each square.

Here is the whole blanket. I literally finished it a few hours before the Christmas party!

 
Notice the raised stitches bordering each square?

 
Finished it with a basic scallop edging, because every blanket isn't complete without an edging :)

 
 
Like my usual self, I was worried the whole time about people liking it, the colors, the concept while I was creating this little masterpiece. Thankfully, it was enjoyed by all and the person who picked it already has a blanket I made for her in her home! You can see that one here.
 
 
If you are interested in the pattern I used to make this, please let me know and I can type it out in another post. Thank goodness I wrote it down! I have extra squares for a possible second blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment