The weather has been unusually warm this past week, which had me daydreaming of summer. Tank tops, flip flops, barbecues, camping, concerts, festivals...... and what better way to get ready for summer than by starting to update your wardrobe with this collection of crochet tops!!
- Lace Topper designed by Kimberly K. McAlindin for Red Heart Yarns - I love how this top is open-worked, lacy and designed to have a flowing effect. Perfect for summer but may also be used during cooler months with a longer sleeved shirt underneath. The downloadable directions are for sizes S-XL.
- Keila Top by Handy Kitty - I like this top so much, I am already working on one! You can also change the design by adjusting almost any square and triangle motif to fit the size you need.
- Party by the Pool Cover-up designed by Shannon Mullett-Bowlsby for Yarnspirations - Cover-ups are all over the place and who doesn't love something that has a hood on it? Pattern available in sizes S-4XL
- Crochet Scalloped Top from Yarnspirations - I love the scalloped look of this design, however, I would most likely use a different yarn than the suggested Simply Soft. Never had much luck with that type of yarn and garments. Pattern available in sizes S-2XL
- Open Air Shrug from Lion Brand Yarns - Another over-sized piece that I just love, love, love! There is something about this shrug that has a 'free spirit' feel to it. This is guaranteed to be made this year, for myself, of course! Pattern is available in sizes S-2XL.
I will be working on the Keila Top this weekend since the rain has found it's way back to us *and* finishing two shop pieces! Hopefully, your weekend has brought you better weather than me. In case it hasn't, maybe this round-up will inspire you to start a project where you can at least dream of the sunshine!