ModCloth

Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year = New Resolutions

Considering that I have not been the faithful blogger lately, I should fire myself. Unfortunately, one of my resolutions for this new year is to be a consistent blogger. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves.....

Since my last post, MANY things have happened. Some are super exciting and some... not so much. As you know, I was planning my wedding. Well, a couple of weeks before the big day, my sweet little kitty (the one in the picture to the left), had to be put to sleep. Her old age finally got to her and it was her time. I will miss her very much.

On the brighter side of life, we are officially married!! The whole day was an amazing experience and went by SO fast! None of it could have been possible without all the friends and family involved. I do have to say, that is A LOT of work for the shortest day in your entire life...... completely worth it though!


Smile! We're married!

Next, came Christmas!! I seriously attempted to make as many gifts as I could and can't wait for this year to try all the projects that I just didn't have time for. I failed at taking pictures of most of the gifts (bad me!), but here are a couple that I DID take.


My first attempt at a marble style ornament!

My White Elephant gift!

 Surprisingly, to me anyways, is that my crocheted blanket was a big hit at the family white elephant gift exchange. The pattern is 'Wavy Stripes Beach Blanket' from 'crochet today!' July/August 2011 issue. If you are familiar with the issue/pattern, I obviously changed the colors and instead of using the suggested yarn, I used Caron Simply Soft.

Finally, we are at the New Year and with every new year comes new resolutions! So, here they are:
  1. Organize the ENTIRE house - this is ambitious, but I would LOVE to know where everything is! 2 years in to our new house and I feel like we are still moving in....
  2. Keep up with blog - see, I can't "fire" myself!
  3. Create an Etsy account - another ambitious item on my list! I've been intimidated to create one (still am), but you will never know unless you try, right?
Let's not forget, with the new year came a new......... PUPPY!!!


Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, a great start to the New Year. Here's to 2012 and whatever it has to offer us!

No comments:

Post a Comment