ModCloth

Friday, July 11, 2014

My First Craftsy Purchase!!

If you've never heard of Craftsy, you *need* to head over there now!!!

A couple of weeks ago, they had this really great sale that I saw advertised through Moogly (great crochet there, check her out too!!), and I decided to create an order with all different types of yarn that I have been dying to try!!
Not only are their sale prices great, but their regular prices aren't that bad either. I have already decided that this will be the place to get my imported yarns and special fabrics that I can't find at my usual places.

Let's start with the yarn:

First up, Cascade Sherub DK Yarn: They don't lie when they say this yarn is soft! It's definitely snuggle worthy. Last I checked, this yarn is still on sale for a great price! Crazy thing, they are a local company for me, in Seattle; yet, I can't find this yarn anywhere!!! Gah! Small stores perhaps? I may need to take a trip up North.....


Next, Brown Sheep Nature Spun Fingering Yarn: I have purchased different brands of wool yarn before and I have to say, I enjoy the feel of Brown Sheep the most. Since I only purchased one ball, I will most likely make some finger-less gloves for winter.


Schachenmayr Micro Grande: This yarn is 100% acrylic and is noted for being great to make accessories with its silky feel. Maybe a little cardigan for Miss Cayley?
Schachenmayr Catania Yarn: 100% cotton yarn with added sheen. I may combine it with the Micro Grande to create the cardigan.
Both of these yarns are made in Hungary.


Finally, we have Filatura Di Crosa Nirvana Yarn: Quite a few things made me pick this yarn. First, being made in Italy and me being part Italian. Second, it's named Nirvana. Seattle = Nirvana, you know?? Lastly, it's wool and lace weight. Perfect for my very own personal cowl!! The texture reminds of some vintage embroidery wool that I found at an estate sale a couple of years ago. I can't wait to find the perfect pattern for this lovely bit of fiber.


Don't forget the fabric!!!!


I'll just post the pictures, because they speak for themselves. I can't wait to see what I can make with this.... pillow cover, scrappy-esque throw, grab some matching solids and make a full quilt..... I'll let you know when I find out :)





Do you have a favorite place to purchase yarn and fabric from?? I am hoping to check out a few local shops this summer!!

~*~ Happy Friday Everyone!!! ~*~



No comments:

Post a Comment