ModCloth

Monday, June 4, 2012

DIY: Up-Cycled Toilet


As you know, we are re-doing the bathroom in the master bedroom and in it, use to live the wretched pink toilet. Well, with a little hosing down, paint, stencils, sunshine and free time, I turned that ugly toilet in to a somewhat decent planter.

Now, I have asked around and my Grandma was NOT the only one with a toilet in her backyard... in case you were wondering where I got the idea from. There are MANY things about my Grandparents old house that I think about and miss often. I am kind of excited to be able to revive one of the many things I loved about their backyard.


Goodbye pink! Hello pistachio!


You can kind of see how I stenciled a design in lightly with a pencil (left photo). I then used acrylic paint to add different colors and details.


The front of the tank..........


Both sides on the bottom have a design.....


And of course, our family name and little critters around the rim!


With a little touch of everyone on the back of the tank!

The final touch to the whole project was spraying it down with a finishing spray and adding some plants!


And there it sits in its final resting place! I need to add something different in the top of the tank, but I love the white petunias and the whole project in general. You can never have too many planters!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to come visit your backyard. It gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Worshiping the porcelain goddess!!!!"

    ReplyDelete