ModCloth

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sewing: Centennial Block

Would you believe that I have not touched a sewing machine in about 10 years? I can hardly believe it myself! The last time I made ANYTHING using a sewing machine, was a quilt for my Grandparents when I graduated High School in 2001 (I'm showing my age here)!! I wish I had a picture to share with you, but that will most likely have to wait until my next trip to South Dakota.....

Anywhoo.... One of my Aunts was SUPER SWEET and donated one of her sewing machines to me! For some reason, I stared at it like I had never seen a sewing machine before. Thankfully, it's like riding a bike and once you get back to it, it's like you never left!


I started with something basic, a Centennial Block. I don't know why I assumed this was basic when the pattern CLEARLY stated "Intermediate", but it worked out fine for me. Granted, not everything matches up to perfection, but I'm satisfied. I am thinking of making many more blocks out of scraps from a future DIY tutorial (keep an eye out) and possibly combining them for a random quilt.



If you like this pattern and would like to try it out for yourself, check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment