ModCloth

Monday, June 13, 2011

BOOKS!!!


Would you believe me if I told you that I got all.....yes ALL....of these books for $5.00?? I could hardly believe it myself!! What a steal!! There was a listing in our local paper stating that the Timberland Regional Library was cleaning house. It was a 2 day sale, but Sunday was "a bag of books for $5", who could resist!?!
So, starting from the left, then from the top of the middle stack and ending with the right side, we have......
  • 'The Gathering Storm' by Winston S. Churchill (C) 1948
  • 'The Odyssey' by Homer (C) 1961
  • 'O. Henry Memorial Award Prize Stories of 1943'
  • 'A Civil Action' by Jonathan Harr (true story!)
  • 'Snow Falling On Cedars' by David Guterson (local setting!)
  • 'Motherhood - Writings by Irish American Women About Mothers and Daughters'
  • 'Reading Lolita in Tehran' by Azar Nafisi (a memoir!)
  • 'The Lost German Slave Girl' by John Bailey (another true story!)
  • 'Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers: Explorations' (the man likes math books...)
  • 'Boyhood On The Upper Mississippi - A Reminiscent Letter' by Charles A. Lindbergh (C) 1972
  • 'My Father's Secret War' by Lucinda Franks (another memoir!)
  • 'Contemporary Stained Glass' by Looking Glass Publications (C) 1976
I have already starting reading 'A Civil Action' and am extremely excited to dig into the other true stories and memoirs! I am even MORE excited because I believe the library does this event often, considering the pleasant cashier said "see you next time!"......there will be a next time?? HOPEFULLY SOON!! I will definitely have my entertainment for the chilly winter nights this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment