ModCloth

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

How-To: Butterfly Themed Birthday Invitations

The time has come and little C is turning 1!!

{ I know, I can barely believe it myself. Where has all the time gone? }

To celebrate this milestone, I have a butterfly themed party planned for her. Or should I say, for myself? Because, let's face it, this party is really for us, we survived!!

Now, before you get all excited about this card making "how-to," I am not an expert card maker and will never claim to be. I just like making things :)

Here are all the supplies I used:

To start, I punched out all the pink flowers and cut the pieces I would need to make the invitations.
Purple - 8.5" X 11" sheet cut and folded in half for the invitation itself.
Yellow - 3" X 3.5" for the butterfly stamp.
Blue - 3.5" X 4" to matte the yellow.
Next, I stamped the yellow pieces with the butterfly and the inside of the invitation....
then the back with a "made by" stamp.
After the ink from the stamps dried, I glued the yellow butterfly piece centered on top of the blue piece with my paint brush and mod podge.
Then, I glued the confetti in the center of the pink flowers.
Finally, I glued the butterfly piece centered on the front of the purple invitation and then glued the flowers to the top left corner of the invitation.   
That's it! Done! 
All that is left to do is fill out the info portion inside of the invitation! 
I like to add a picture with my invitations, so I will have a wallet or 4x6 printed out and use clear sticky photo corners on the top half of the inside, or I may just place it freely in the invitation. Everyone loves pictures!

Hope this adds some inspiration for your creations!



No comments:

Post a Comment